[openstack-dev] [new][nimble] New project: Nimble

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Mon Nov 28 06:07:36 UTC 2016

On Mon, Nov 28, 2016 at 4:37 PM, Jay Pipes <jaypipes at gmail.com> wrote:

[Snip]

> I don't see any compelling reason not to work with the Nova and Ironic
> projects and add the functionality you wish to see in those respective
> projects.

Jay, I agree and I don't. First off, I think improving our current projects
is a better engineering choice.

That said, there seems to be a repeated meme that splitting our efforts and
having more than one implementation of compute will somehow solve all our
problems, and I embrace that experiment. It seems very unlikely to me that
we'll end up in a happy place at the end, but then again, I've been wrong
before.

So I say have at it, so long as the outcome of the experiment is public.

Michael

--
Rackspace Australia