[openstack-dev] [Horizon] End of week wrap-up

Richard Jones r1chardj0n3s at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 06:14:12 UTC 2016

Hi folks,

This was a bit of a slow-ish week given the number of folks away for
Thanksgiving. We had low-turnout Horizon meeting and cancelled the
Horizon/Keystone cross-project meeting. In the team meeting[1] we
covered:

- The patch priority review list, which looks a lot like last week :-(
- We agreed that we should try not to release xstatic libraries in
release week given compatibility issues.
- We discussed the automatic inclusion of xstatic packages in Horizon,
and upon reflection it's been decided it's a bad idea and we should
stick with an explicit whitelist which should be made easier to extend
if necessary.
- We punted on the question of the Zaqar push-based communication via
websocket patch that's been in play for a very long time. We'll
discuss it again next week when more folks are around.
- Pokemon, and how Thai needs to hand in his Gamer Card.

It really would be super awesome if folks could help us get through
those priority patches[2] so we can turn our focus to the angular work
for O-2! I'll start including the angular panels to be reviewed in
that list next week.

Some of us spent a lot of the week looking to further harden our
master and stable branches against library releases and this resulted
in a few changes, some of which are still up for review. We know some
of y'all have run into issues installing e.g. Mitaka or Newton and
have hit incompatibilities so if you do please hit us up in the
#openstack-horizon IRC channel, or on email, and we'll help you out.

The most important thing to remember is: use upper-constraints:

  pip install -c
http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/requirements/plain/upper-constraints.txt?h=stable/<release>
.

   Richard