[openstack-dev] [neutron] stable/newton 'broken'

Gary Kotton gkotton at vmware.com
Thu Nov 24 14:11:33 UTC 2016

On 11/24/16, 12:38 PM, "Thierry Carrez" <thierry at openstack.org> wrote:

    Gary Kotton wrote:
    > Please see - http://logs.openstack.org/82/401882/1/check/gate-vmware-nsx-python27-db-ubuntu-xenial/1ac0686/console.html#_2016-11-24_06_58_38_520273
    > Here we are pulling trunk as there is no stable version to use

    Is neutron stable/newton really broken (like your subject seems to
    indicate) ? Or only vmware-nsx stable/newton ? Since networking-l2gw and
    tap-as-a-service are unofficial projects we can't guarantee that they
    will create branches that match the official stable ones, so we should
    try to avoid depending on them if possible...

[Gary] I Know that the vmware_nsx and midonet are broken. Until a few weeks ago the l2gw project was part of the big tent/stadium and it was removed. That was in trunk, but until then we had an obligation to have this working in stable/newton.
In order for us to be able to work with and consume community feature we need to have links to this project. So at the moment we are between a rock and a hard place.

I think that the tap-as-a-service is creating a tech preview branch. Which will solve the issues

For L2GW the community has people using this stuff in production … So we just need to make sure that they do not upgrade to newton.

    --
    Thierry Carrez (ttx)