[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Transition to Ubuntu Xenial in the gate

Armando M. armamig at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 22:33:56 UTC 2016

On 10 November 2016 at 17:36, Armando M. <armamig at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Neutrinos,
>
> Some of you may be aware of our CI jobs have been transitioning to Xenial.
> There are a few jobs still left and taking into account mail [1] we need to
> accelerate the process a bit, especially for those jobs that affect our
> gate queue or are voting.
>
> Ajo put together [2], I also added a provisional 'xenial' launchpad bug
> tag [3] to track fixes required to get us in tip-top shape.
>
> Please help out as you can.
>
> Cheers,
> Armando
>
> [1] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2016-
> November/106906.html
> [2] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/moving-neutron-jobs-to-xenial
> [3] https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bugs?field.tag=xenial

During the past few weeks lots of progress has been made, we're nearly
completed the transition to xenial as far as the neutron queues go (with
functional and fullstack trailing slightly behind). I have a pending patch
to switch neutron-lib's jobs to xenial [1].

The other untouched surface is python-neutronclient, which I'll be tackling
next. I would invite subprojects maintainers to take a look at their infra
settings to ensure that the switch to xenial won't bite them when it comes.
There's plenty of examples in [2] to learn how to switch.

Cheers,
Armando

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/397401/
[2] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/moving-neutron-jobs-to-xenial