[openstack-dev] [neutron] neutron-lib impact

Armando M. armamig at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 19:39:09 UTC 2016

Hi neutrinos,

In the last few hours a couple of changes landed [1,2] that caused a bit of
a jam in the neutron subproject gates, as they overlapped with another
change [3] having impact on the subprojects.

This is why it is important to communicate during team meetings and/or ML
that patches with potential impact are in flight in our review pipeline, so
that we do our best to coordinate the merge process without shooting
ourselves in the foot.

To bring this back to sanity, I issued a temporary revert [4], so that [5]
can land undisturbed. After that, a double revert will be applied, once
subprojects have had the opportunity to deal with the aftermath of the
other breaking change [1,2] (e.g. [6,7]).

>From now on, I'd strongly encourage people proposing/reviewing patches with
potential impact (any impact) to err on the side of caution, and take the
advised steps to ensure such situations don't happen in the future.

Thanks,
Armando

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/397704/
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/397037/