[openstack-dev] [all][ptls] A request: using the cross-project release goals process for openstack wide change

Amrith Kumar amrith at tesora.com
Wed Nov 23 18:03:44 UTC 2016

In the last week I've been dealing with two [1][2] cross project efforts
that I believe would have been great candidates for the cross-project goals
process. I think the cross project goals process is lightweight, and it is a
closed-loop process which ensures that we don't have escapes. The use of the
mailing list to communicate these has proved to be problematic in the past
given the sheer volume of mail on the mailing list and the fact that it is
hard to establish server side filters, or for that matter client side
filters to try and only see the emails that are likely of interest without
any possibility that emails that are important get filtered out.

So, what's my request . If you see something like this which you believe is
a cross-project, OpenStack wide effort being discussed on the mailing list,
please:

(a)    Add [all] to the subject line if it isn't already there, and

(b)   Suggest to the sender that they should consider using the
cross-project release goals process.

Thanks,

-amrith

[1]