[openstack-dev] [tripleo] [tripleo-quickstart] Tripleo-Quickstart root privileges

Gabriele Cerami gcerami at redhat.com
Tue Nov 22 20:49:00 UTC 2016

On 22 Nov, Yolanda Robla Mota wrote:
> Hi all
> I wanted to start a thread about the current privileges model for TripleO quickstart.
> Currently there is the assumption that quickstart does not need root privileges after the environment and provision roles. However, this assumption cannot be valid for several use cases.
> In particular, I have the need of creating working directories outside the home directory of the user running quickstart. This can be useful on environments where /home partition is small and cannot be modified (so there is not enough disk space to host TripleO quickstart artifacts there).
> This is the change i'm working on for that use case: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/384892

Hi,

I may suggest a compromise that will allow not to break the model, and
moving forward with you patch.
If you can make it work, you can try to move the working_dir creation
tasks to the provision role.
You already moved working_dir default var to common role, so it should
work.

Any other thoughts ?
Thanks for raising the question.