[openstack-dev] [devstack] Specify OpenvSwitch version in local.conf

Sean M. Collins sean at coreitpro.com
Tue Nov 22 20:42:05 UTC 2016

zhi wrote:
> hi, all.
>
> I have a quick question about devstack.
>
> Can I specify OpenvSwitch version in local.conf when during the
> installation of devstack? I want to OVS 2.6.0 in my devstack. Can I specify
> it?

The DevStack plugin for Neutron has a way to build a specific OVS
version from source

https://github.com/openstack/neutron/blob/master/devstack/lib/ovs

However there is not a lot of documentation for how it can be used
(which really should be fixed).

I believe it would be something like this in your local.conf:

        enable_plugin neutron https://git.openstack.org/openstack/neutron
        OVS_BRANCH="v2.6.0"

I haven't tried it locally, but I think that's the idea.

--
Sean M. Collins