[openstack-dev] [magnum] Managing cluster drivers as individual distro packages

Ricardo Rocha rocha.porto at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 09:58:47 UTC 2016

Hi.

I think option 1. is the best one right now, mostly to reduce the
impact on the ongoing developments.

Upgrades, flattening, template versioning and node groups are supposed
to land a lot of patches in the next couple months, moving the drivers
into separate repos now could be a distraction.

We can revisit this later... and maybe improve at the same time the
user experience of adding custom drivers, which is not yet great
(we're using the glance image metadata for this as there's no explicit
--driver option yet).

Cheers,
Ricardo