[openstack-dev] [Magnum] Question of k8s multiple master support.

Yatin Karel yatin.karel at nectechnologies.in
Tue Nov 22 04:07:26 UTC 2016

Hi Yoshihiko atsumi,

<<< I'm using CoreOS-1010.3.0, Magnum 2.0.1.
Is CoreOS used as a base OS or guest OS.

If You are using CoreOS to Create kubernetes CoreOS cluster, then

As you mentioned you are using Magnum 2.0.1(Mitaka),
In Mitaka, k8s-coreos cluster couldn't be created with multiple master, Creation of coreos cluster with multiple master is supported with newton release. Though, you can create multimaster kubernetes cluster with fedora image with Magnum 2.0.1.

If above is not correct, please share the Error and Logs as well and the Guide(or Steps) you followed for creating cluster.

Also, the steps mentioned by @fengbeihong are valid for newton(before newton i believe load balancer was enabled by default if neutron-lbaas is enabled in Openstack Setup), so those shared steps would not work with you.

You can also connect on IRC at #openstack-containers for further queries.

Thanks and Regards
Yatin Karel