[openstack-dev] [Ironic] Inspect a physical node in Devstack

Hui Wei huiweics at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 02:45:03 UTC 2016

Hi Rama,

Ironic inspector is a bit complicated. Different bridges are not a
problem, as log as there is layer 2
connection, and dhcp/tftp/http protocol are allowed.

I have some checkout for you.
1. Configure the baremetal  node pxe boot first in bios.
2. Make sure dnsmasq is running on the inspector node, and it provides
tftp server function.
3. checkout inspector node's iptable  rules, accept dhcp and tftp input.
4. copy deploy-kernel and deploy-ramdisk to tftp-server root directory.

Actually, do not care about inspector at first step, just power on the
baremetal node, seen if it can pxe boot successfully. After boot
successfully, test inspection.

It will very nice of you if you can update the documentation.

Thank you.