[openstack-dev] [all][stable][ptls] Tagging liberty as EOL
tony at bakeyournoodle.com
Tue Nov 22 02:35:48 UTC 2016
I'm late in sending this announement, but I'm glad to see several projects
have already requested EOL releases to make it trivial and obvious where to
apply the tag.
I'm proposing to EOL all projects that meet one or more of the following
- The project is openstack-dev/devstack, openstack-dev/grenade or
- The project has the 'check-requirements' job listed as a template in
- The project gates with either devstack or grenade jobs
- The project is listed in governance:reference/projects.yaml and is tagged
All Repos : 1493 (covered in zuul/layout.yaml)
Checked Repos : 406 (match one or more of the above criteria)
Repos with liberty branches : 305
EOL Repos : 171 (repos that match the criteria *and* have
a liberty branch) 
NOT EOL Repos : 134 (repos with a liberty branch but
otherwise do not match) 
DSVM Repos (staying) : 68 (repos that use dsvm but don't have
Open Reviews : 94 (reviews to close)
Please look over both lists by 2016-11-27 00:00 UTC and let me know if:
- A project is in list 1 and *really* *really* wants to opt *OUT* of EOLing and
why. Note doing this will amost certainly reduce the testing coverage you
have in the gate.
- A project is in list 2 that would like to opt *IN* to tagging/EOLing
Any projects that will be EOL'd will need all open reviews abandoned before it
can be processed. I'm very happy to do this, or if I don't have permissios to
do it ask a gerrit admin to do it.
I'll batch the removal of the stable/liberty branches between Nov 28th and Dec
3rd (UTC+1100). Then during Decemeber I'll attempt to cleanup zuul/layout.yaml
to remove liberty exclusions and jobs.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 473 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the OpenStack-dev