[openstack-dev] [Ironic] Inspect a physical node in Devstack

Yeleswarapu, Ramamani ramamani.yeleswarapu at intel.com
Tue Nov 22 00:18:57 UTC 2016

Hi,

I am attempting inspecting a physical node in a devstack environment with Ironic and Ironic Inspector. I have a two server setup with IPMI connectivity and IP addresses. My devstack environment setup is same as the one for Ironic/Ironic-Inspector in the docs with agent_ipmitool driver. I was able to build and use the deploy_kernel and deploy_ramdisk images for inspection on the VM nodes and see inspection data. I tried the same approach for the physical node. First, I created the physical node using "ironic node-create ..." and updated the node with the ir-deploy-agent_ipmitool.initramfs and ir-deploy-agent_ipmitool.kernel images. I was able to power cycle the node using "ironic node-set-power-state on/off". I tried inspecting the node and inspection timed out after the chassis went through power down and power up with a local boot.

I am guessing the reason for Inspector not connecting to the node is due to the interfaces being on different bridges. I would appreciate your help in solving this issue. Once I successfully inspect the node, I will be able to update the documentation on this subject.

Thanks very much.
Rama.