[openstack-dev] [kolla][infra] How to handle doc in kolla and kolla-ansible

Steven Dake (stdake) stdake at cisco.com
Mon Nov 21 12:00:51 UTC 2016

Yup this is a real challenge to sort out properly.  I’ve included infra for their guidance (thanks people :).

Here is the issue

Each package should include enough docs that it stands alone after a git checkout (IMO).  We also publish docs to docs.oo which should IMO contain one set of docs for the entire kolla project in the /kolla namespace.

I guess the above if what I’d want in a star trek universe.  This provides best of both worlds - kolla-ansible, kolla-kubernetes, kolla documentation all with their respective repositories, but merged on the docs.oo site into one document.  How do you do that?  No idea.

So if that isn’t a possibility, putting all in kolla repo seems to make most sense to me although it slows down reviews for kolla-ansible and kolla-kkubernetes docs.  We could put a reference page in the docs of kolla-ansible and kolla-kubernetes to “go reference kolla”.

Regards
-steve