[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Stepping down from core

Assaf Muller assaf at redhat.com
Fri Nov 18 19:39:41 UTC 2016

On Thu, Nov 17, 2016 at 1:42 PM, Carl Baldwin <carl at ecbaldwin.net> wrote:
> Neutron (and Openstack),
>
> It is with regret that I report that my work situation has changed such that
> I'm not able to keep up with my duties as a Neutron core reviewer, L3
> lieutenant, and drivers team member. My participation has dropped off
> considerably since Newton was released and I think it is fair to step down
> and leave an opening for others to fill. There is no shortage of talent in
> Neutron and Openstack and I know I'm leaving it in good hands.
>
> I will be more than happy to come back to full participation in Openstack
> and Neutron in the future if things change again in that direction. This is
> a great community and I've had a great time participating and learning with
> you all.
>
> Well, I don't want to drag this out. I will still be around on IRC and will
> be happy to help out where I am able. Feel free to ping me.

I wish you happiness and fulfillment in your upcoming work.

This is a great loss to the Neutron community. The Routed Networks
work you led was a testament to your technical prowess and influence
that you've demonstrated consistently throughout the years. You've
made massive marks on Neutron and any project or community is lucky to
have you. Come back soon :)