[openstack-dev] [kolla] Obtaining version information for Docker container

Paul Bourke paul.bourke at oracle.com
Fri Nov 18 12:02:12 UTC 2016

If I'm understanding the requirement correctly, we want to know which
version of an OpenStack component is installed in an image? If so why
not just run something like:

# docker run kolla/oraclelinux-source-keystone:3.0.0 pip show keystone
Name: keystone
Version: 10.0.0.0rc2.dev290
[...]

Or equivalent for yum/apt. I'm not sure there's a need to implement
anything beyond what is offered by package management tools.