[openstack-dev] [kolla][git]How to backport commit after repo split

Paul Bourke paul.bourke at oracle.com
Thu Nov 17 15:00:41 UTC 2016

Seen as both repos stem from the same codebase, we should be able to
just cherry-pick changes as usual. If a fix comprises of a change to
both kolla and kolla-ansible, it will just mean two cherry-picks. Will
need to wait till the relevant pieces are removed from both repos to
confirm this but I think it will work.

Here's an example using a recent change that just merged into kolla-ansible:

git clone https://github.com/openstack/kolla
cd kolla
git remote add kolla-ansible https://github.com/openstack/kolla-ansible
git fetch kolla-ansible
git checkout stable/newton
git cherry-pick -x 43517f48f5ab2b9d8fb22dc2a619b8d9f4f494d0

-Paul