[openstack-dev] [glance] Flakey functional test (Was: [Openstack-stable-maint] Stable check of openstack/glance failed)

Tomislav.Sukser at telekom.de Tomislav.Sukser at telekom.de
Wed Nov 16 15:47:08 UTC 2016

> > Since there's nothing pointing to any problems here, I would just ask is
> > it possible that log file is not created if there's nothing to log?
>
> I don't think that's possible. We start glance's services (when under test)
> with debug=True and verbose=True which means the config options that are
> collected and then parsed should be logged to the file, at least.

It's true, in my case the log file has around 75kB. At least wsgi start is
captured properly as INFO. However, parsing of configuration options is not
there.

> > (and only if that is the case - I would suggest adding some dummy request
> > Which would result in log entry; if not - please ignore this idea)
>
> Thanks for the help though, Tomislav! Did you look for the hash seed that
> tox was using and try running the tests that way? I've been swamped with
> other responsibilities this week so I haven't had time to investigate this
> myself.

I tried with random seed (without specification), I tried with that specific
seed and I tried both running all tests (py27) and just a specific one in
both cases, all that several times. It just doesn't fail. I used Newton
primarily but also tried on upstream version - just cannot reproduce.
Although, the only difference which I see is that my machine is a bit slower,
plus it uses only 2 workers.

Kind regards,
Tomislav