[openstack-dev] [nova] Problem with Quota and servers spawned in groups

Chris Friesen chris.friesen at windriver.com
Wed Nov 16 00:10:40 UTC 2016

On 11/15/2016 02:02 AM, Sławek Kapłoński wrote:
> Hello,
>
> IMHO receiving multiple uuids is not related to bug which I want to
> resolve somehow but if Chris wrote it I thought that it is maybe somehow
> related to "spawn multiple instances" feature.
> So can You maybe review my patch
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/371592/ to fix
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1623809 or I really need new specs
> for that?

Sorry for the confusion, I just mentioned it as something to consider if we're
introducing a new spec for multi-boot.

I'm in favor of your change, since the existing behaviour doesn't make sense.

But at some point I guess consistency trumps correctness, and if a new
microversion is necessary to mark the new behaviour then a spec is required, and
at that point we might want to fix the other issues with multi-boot at the same
time.  (Like https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1458122 )

Chris