[openstack-dev] [nova][libvirt] Lets make libvirt's domain XML canonical

Matt Riedemann mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Tue Nov 15 21:06:31 UTC 2016

On 9/30/2016 11:03 AM, Matthew Booth wrote:

> I thought it was a counter-argument (unless I've misunderstood). If you
> migrate the instance as-is without modification, you don't need to worry
> about whether it's currently a rescue instance. This problem goes away.
>
> The major complication I can think of is things which genuinely must
> change during a migration, for example cpu pinning.
>
> Matt
>
> --
> Matthew Booth
> Red Hat Engineering, Virtualisation Team
>
> Phone: +442070094448 (UK)

I'm glad this already came up in this thread as I was just reviewing the
re-proposal for this spec:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/347161/

There are other issues in the spec which is why I have a -1 on there,
but I thought it was going directly against what Matt Booth is talking
about doing wrt storing the guest xml so that we don't need to rely on
the nova database when recreating a guest, like on reboot - which is
exactly what that spec is proposing, just hard-reboot the live migrated
guest on unrescue.

Matt Riedemann