[openstack-dev] [nova][vmware] status of vmware third party CI?

Matt Riedemann mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Tue Nov 15 15:09:00 UTC 2016

I've got a docs patch that failed both nova-net and neutron vmware third
party CI:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/397382/

The nova-net one failed some aggregates response validation:

http://208.91.1.172/logs/ext-nova-dsvm/397382/2/2074/tempest_results.html.gz

That's not even related to what I'm doing, so I'm wondering how that's
happening in this job?

Also, as we're moving off of nova-network for upstream CI I'd like to
know the plans for the vmware third party CI with respect to networking
backends. The nova-net job is voting right now and the nsx neutron job
is non-voting. Is the plan to make the nova-net job non-voting once the
nsx job is running smoothly, or maybe even drop it?

As for the nsx job, it doesn't even stack successfully right now, it
looks like in this case creating an image failed:

http://208.91.1.172/logs/ext-nova-dsvm-nsx/397382/2/2074/g-api.log.gz?level=TRACE

I'm also having a hard time finding vmware people in the nova channel
that can field questions about this stuff when it fails. I tried the
openstack-vmware channel but got no response there either.

Matt Riedemann