[openstack-dev] [Openstack-operators] [openstack-operators][openstack-ansible]deploying mutli-node openstack on baremetal nodes

Andy McCrae andy.mccrae at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 11:35:10 UTC 2016

Hi Akshay,

If I understand correctly, you're looking to deploy the services on metal
hosts (rather than in containers) - in that case you would need to adjust
the env.d/*.yml (service files) to set the property "is_metal: True".
The second query regarding multiple VLans - if you are using pre-existing
hosts, you would pre-configure those with the appropriate network/IPs etc -
per host, and then specify them in your user_config.yml.

If you're running into problems or need more information (which I'm sure
you do!), jump into the #openstack-ansible channel on freenode IRC, it's a
lot easier to offer help there (and there are quite a few people who are
usually around and willing to help). It's difficult to understand your full
use-case and what you're trying to achieve from a single email.

Cheers,
Andy