[openstack-dev] [Ironic] Baremetal Storage Service?

Jay Pipes jaypipes at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 18:12:50 UTC 2016

On 11/12/2016 09:31 AM, Akira Yoshiyama wrote:
> Hi Stackers,
>
> In TripleO, Ironic provides physical servers for an OpenStack
> deployment but we have to configure physical storages manually, or
> with any tool, if required. It's better that an OpenStack service
> manages physical storages as same as Ironic for servers.
>
> IMO, there are 2 plans to manage physical storages:

When you say "manage physical storage" are you referring to configuring
something like Ceph or GlusterFS or even NFS on a bunch of baremetal
servers?

That isn't a multi-tenant HTTP API service designed for lots of users
but rather a need to automate some mostly one-time storage setup actions.

If so, I think that is more the realm of configuration management
systems like Puppet or Ansible than OpenStack itself.

Best,
-jay