[openstack-dev] [openstack-ansible] How do you haproxy?

David Moreau Simard dms at redhat.com
Fri Nov 11 12:40:05 UTC 2016

I feel like you might get valuable feedback by cross-posting this to
openstack-operators.

David Moreau Simard

dmsimard = [irc, github, twitter]

On Nov 10, 2016 7:40 AM, "Jean-Philippe Evrard" <
Jean-Philippe.Evrard at rackspace.co.uk> wrote:

Hello,

In openstack-ansible, we are using haproxy (and keepalived) as load
balancer mechanism.

We’ve been recommending to use hardware load balancers for a while, but I
think it’s time to improve haproxy configuration flexibility and testing.

I’m gathering requirements of what you’d like to see in haproxy.

I have an etherpad set up, and I’d be happy if you could fill your comments
there:

https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/openstack-ansible-haproxy-improvements

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Jean-Philippe Evrard (evrardjp)

Rackspace Limited is a company registered in England & Wales (company
registered number 03897010) whose registered office is at 5 Millington
Road, Hyde Park Hayes, Middlesex UB3 4AZ. Rackspace Limited privacy policy
can be viewed at www.rackspace.co.uk/legal/privacy-policy - This e-mail
message may contain confidential or privileged information intended for the
recipient. Any dissemination, distribution or copying of the enclosed
material is prohibited. If you receive this transmission in error, please
notify us immediately by e-mail at abuse at rackspace.com and delete the
original message. Your cooperation is appreciated.