[openstack-dev] [openstack-ansible] How do you haproxy?

Ian Cordasco sigmavirus24 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 14:01:55 UTC 2016

-----Original Message-----
From: Jean-Philippe Evrard <jean-philippe.evrard at rackspace.co.uk>
Reply: OpenStack Development Mailing List (not for usage questions)
<openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org>
Date: November 10, 2016 at 06:40:00
To: openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org <openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org>
Subject:  [openstack-dev] [openstack-ansible] How do you haproxy?

> Hello,
>
> In openstack-ansible, we are using haproxy (and keepalived) as load balancer mechanism.
> We’ve been recommending to use hardware load balancers for a while, but I think it’s time
> to improve haproxy configuration flexibility and testing.
>
> I’m gathering requirements of what you’d like to see in haproxy.
>
> I have an etherpad set up, and I’d be happy if you could fill your comments there:
> https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/openstack-ansible-haproxy-improvements
>
> Thank you in advance.
>
> Best regards,
> Jean-Philippe Evrard (evrardjp)

There are numerous existing HAProxy Ansible roles on Galaxy
(https://galaxy.ansible.com/list#/roles?page=1&page_size=10&autocomplete=haproxy).
Ostensibly one or more of these are already flexible enough for what
users might need. Why not adopt one of those and contribute back to it
instead of creating yet another HAProxy role?

--
Ian Cordasco