[openstack-dev] [fuel][tripleo] Fuel and TripleO Cross-Project Integration

Vladimir Kuklin vkuklin at mirantis.com
Wed Nov 9 14:37:08 UTC 2016

Stackers

During OpenStack summit in Barcelona we had a rather productive
cross-project integration session between Fuel and TripleO projects [0].
More precisely we discussed the following:

1. Services composition and deployment workflow control
2. Complex networking configuration (bonds, offloading, etc.)
3. Post-deployment cluster management, i.e. day-2 operations
4. Approaches to reference architecture recomposition, e.g. in-flight
database vertical scaling
5. Upgrades
6. Provisioning and disks partitioning

The most interesting part of integration would be to consider integration
of deployment and post-deployment orchestration approaches and services
composition. The further steps are to start working on:

1. Cross-project specification on workflow management, e.g. for upgrades
and day-2 operations
2. Look into possibility of Mistral integration as a workflow execution
tool within the designed model
3. Consider integration of Fuel provisioning, network configuration and
disk partitioning with Ironic and TripleO

[0] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/fuel-ocata-fuel-tripleo-integration

I would suggest that we add discussing this into TripleO or Fuel IRC
meeting agenda next week.

Please let me know what are you thoughts on this.

--
Yours Faithfully,
Vladimir Kuklin,
vkuklin at mirantis.com