[openstack-dev] [release] New hacking 0.12.0

Ihar Hrachyshka ihrachys at redhat.com
Tue Nov 8 08:37:59 UTC 2016

> On 7 Nov 2016, at 21:47, Ken'ichi Ohmichi <ken1ohmichi at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Today a new hacking 0.12.0 is released.
> The release contains a new hacking rule:
>
> [H904] Delay string interpolations at logging calls.
>
> BTW, the hacking repo starts containing reno since this release but it
> is not used yet.
> Please check the git history (or
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/343824) if wanting to know the

Considering that the new check is off-by-default, and since we still have [1] unsolved, what’s the proper procedure to consume the new check? In neutron, we are interested in adopting it because then we would be able to drop our own custom check [2] that validate the code for the same issue. But we cannot use select= in tox.ini.

[1] https://github.com/PyCQA/pycodestyle/issues/390
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/394817/2/neutron/hacking/checks.py

Ihar