[openstack-dev] [TripleO] Newton release this week

Tomas Sedovic tsedovic at redhat.com
Mon Nov 7 10:01:31 UTC 2016

On 11/06/2016 05:24 PM, James Slagle wrote:
> TripleO plans to do an updated Newton release this upcoming week to
> pick up the critical fixes that have been backported to stable/newton
> since the original Newton release.
>
> My plan as of now is to request the release on Wednesday November 9th.
> I'll use this initial patch[1] from Emilien when I do, and update the
> respective hash's in that review to be the latest on the newton branch
> from each repository.
>
> If there are any concerns, or something that needs to be included in
> this release but you don't feel it will have merged by November 9th,
> please let me know asap.

Hey James,

This is a fairly important bug for the post-deployment validations:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/tripleo/+bug/1635226

fixed by:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/391093/
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/390854/

The patches have (imho) been good to go for a few days, but we couldn't
merge them due to the CI issues.

It would be great if we could get them in the release, too. I'll create
the backports as soon as they merge in master.

Tomas