[openstack-dev] [kolla] Propose removal of TrivialFix requirement

Steven Dake (stdake) stdake at cisco.com
Fri Nov 4 22:27:38 UTC 2016

The general rule I follow (and would propose we stick to) is is as follows:

If it requires a backport – it requires a bug id.  (This is to facilitate the tracking of backports to make sure we do the job correctly)
If it doesn’t require a backport but is a feature submission, it should include a blueprint header (for tracking purposes, yet again)
If it doesn’t fit into the above two categories, I really don’t see a need for any type of extra tagging including TrivialFix.  TrivialFix was a nice idea to help core reviewers understand if the work needed a backport, or was a feature request.  Our core reviewer team is smart enough to make that determination during the very thorough review process we undertake on all patches.

TrivialFix can go assuming the core reviewers can determine what is needed for a backport (high/critical bugs only) – and request a bug ID during the review with an appropriate -1.

Regards
-steve