[openstack-dev] [kolla] Propose removal of TrivialFix requirement

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Fri Nov 4 16:31:26 UTC 2016

On 2016-11-04 15:42:17 +0000 (+0000), Paul Bourke wrote:
> We have no desire to do this, that's not what is being discussed
> here. On the contrary we're looking to reduce the barrier to entry
> for committers. Also the team is aware that cross project efforts
> should not be nit picked.

That's what it seemed like to me up to this point in the thread as
well; I was specifically replying to Swapnil's suggestion that any
important change to Kolla deliverables should have a bug filed or
should continue to add a TrivialFix header in the commit message
otherwise. (And yes, as Andreas pointed out the other thread on the
related topic of mass changes for cross-project efforts does address
the case specifically, but becomes less necessary if you end up
agreeing to drop the TrivialFix requirement.)
--
Jeremy Stanley