[openstack-dev] [kolla] Propose removal of TrivialFix requirement

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Fri Nov 4 15:25:14 UTC 2016

On 2016-11-04 18:18:49 +0530 (+0530), Swapnil Kulkarni wrote:
> I feel TrivialFix is consistently used by people just to avoid going
> to lanuchpad and filing a bug. It should only be used only if the "Fix
> is Trivial"
> This has been well documented in the contributing doc [1] and this
> should be referred to people when they do not have the bug/bp in the
> commit message.
>
> If the commits are important then there is no harm in creating a
> tracking bug for it.
[...]

All I ask is that if the Kolla team wants to differentiate itself
from the review requirements of most OpenStack projects, please make
sure you have active and attentive liaisons who can update
mass-proposed changes for base infrastructure or other similar
horizonal and cross-project efforts to meet your special reviewing
standards. I cannot personally keep on top of the nuances of every
review team and individually adjust such mass changes myself, so
rely on you to "fix" my patches for me in such situations.
--
Jeremy Stanley