[openstack-dev] [monasca] License for monasca-statsd

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu Nov 3 19:55:06 UTC 2016

On 2016-11-03 15:03:44 -0400 (-0400), Chuck Short wrote:
> I was looking at packaging monasca-statsd since it is a dependency for
> designate, however when I look at the license for it,it says Apache-2.
> However the LICENSE file included in the source  is that the software is
> provided as is...etc etc. Could we get some clarification please?

It looks like https://review.openstack.org/123315 added that
LICENSE file when originally setting up the monasca-statsd repo a
couple years ago. I see a variety of Datadog repositories in
circulation using that license, and they seem to refer to it as "a
simplified BSD license" (which is certainly what it looks like to me
as well). However, all the individual files added in that change
which declare a license in their headers seem to use Apache License
2.0, which I agree is confusing. Hopefully the Datadog license was
added here in error, and we've not actually been shipping an
incorrectly-licensed derivative of their software this entire time?
--
Jeremy Stanley