[openstack-dev] [release] Release countdown for week R-15, 7 - 11 Nov

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Thu Nov 3 18:14:51 UTC 2016

Welcome back from summit!

As we did last cycle, the release team will be sending reminder
emails as we count down toward the Ocata release. If all goes as
planned, these emails will be sent just before the week mentioned
in the subject (on my Thursday, but some of you live in the future).

Release liaisons, PTLs, and other interested parties should read
these emails to be aware of process notes, especially as we get
close to significant dates on the schedule. I'll try to keep them
brief, but email is still the best way we have of communicating and
that only works if you actually read them.

Focus
-----

Teams should be focusing on wrapping up incomplete work left over
from the end of the Newton cycle, finalizing and announcing plans
from the summit, and completing specs and blueprints.

General Notes
-------------

Stable and independent releases have resumed.

Keep in mind that one of the places we cut time out of the Ocata
schedule is before the first milestone. Ocata-1 will be during week
R-14.

Release Actions
---------------

Release liaisons should add their name and contact information to
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/CrossProjectLiaisons#Release_management

Release liaisons should configure their IRC clients to join
#openstack-release by default.

Release liaisons should review the release models for all deliverables
and make any updates with patches to openstack/governance before the
first milestone.

This is a good time to coordinate with the stable maintenance team on
releases from stable branches.

PTLs should add their acknowledgement of the Ocata series community
goal to http://governance.openstack.org/goals/ocata/remove-incubated-oslo-code.html
with a patch to the openstack/governance repository before the first
milestone.

Important Dates