[openstack-dev] Splitting notifications from rpc (and questions + work around this)

Davanum Srinivas davanum at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 00:51:01 UTC 2016

Josh,

Kirill Bespalov put together this doc of which components will work
with separate rpc and notification configurations:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CU0KjL9iV8vut76hg9cFuWQGSJawuNq_cK7vRF_KyAA/edit?usp=sharing

>From my team, Oleksii Zamiatin is trying to scale up ZMQ beyond 200+
nodes for RPC.

Ilya Tyaptin's review is stuck because Monasca folks have trouble
using the newer python-kafka version:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/332105/
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/316259/

As you can tell, we are trying to offer RabbitMQ or ZMQ for RPC and
RabbitMQ or Kafka for Notifications.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Dims