[openstack-dev] [nova] [cinder] Issue with live migration of instances with encrypted volumes

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Wed Nov 2 10:53:10 UTC 2016

On Wed, Nov 02, 2016 at 10:43:44AM +0000, Lee Yarwood wrote:
> On 02-11-16 08:55:08, Carlton, Paul (Cloud Services) wrote:
> > Lee
> >
> > I see this in a multiple node devstack without shared storage, although that shouldn't be relevant
> >
> > I do a live migration of an instance
> >
> > I then hard reboot it
> >
> > I you are not seeing the same outcome I'll look at this again
>
> Apologies if I'm not being clear here Paul but I'm asking if we can't
> fix the hard reboot issue directly instead of reverting the serial
> console fix. Given that you actually need the serial console fix to
> avoid calling connect_volume multiple times on the destination host.

Agreed, we should diagnose the hard reboot issue rather than just
blindly revert. Based on the bug info - which points to a failure
in neutron port binding - I'm not even convinced that the serial
console fix is the ultimate cause - it may just have exposed a
different latent bug.

Regards,
Daniel
|: http://entangle-photo.org       -o-    http://search.cpan.org/~danberr/ :|