[openstack-dev] [neutron] Feature to enhance floating IP router lookup to consider extra routes

Ihar Hrachyshka ihrachys at redhat.com
Wed Nov 2 09:20:17 UTC 2016

Vega Cai <luckyvega.g at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> During the development of Tricircle, we find that one feature whose spec
> has already been accepted is very useful, that is to enhance floating IP
> router lookup to consider extra routes[1]. With this feature, floating IP
> is allowed to be associated to internal addresses that are reachable by
> routes over intermediate networks. However the implementation patch has
> been abandoned since the owner didn't update the patch for a long time[2].
>
> We would like to continue to work on it. Shall we just restore the patch
> or a new RFE patch is needed?
>
> [1]
> https://specs.openstack.org/openstack/neutron-specs/specs/juno/floating-ip-extra-route.html
> [2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/55987

Quoting Armando from the blueprint dashboard,

"Nov-13-2015(armax): If someone is interested in pursuing it, this must be
re-submitted according to guidelines defined in [1].

[1] http://docs.openstack.org/developer/neutron/policies/blueprints.html”

Juno is a long time ago, so we should restart the process from the very
beginning.

Ihar