[openstack-dev] [FaaS] Function as a service in OpenStack

Zhipeng Huang zhipengh512 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 07:23:32 UTC 2016

Could writing a Scala OpenStack SDK for OpenWhisk do the trick ?

On Wed, Nov 2, 2016 at 10:20 AM, Lingxian Kong <anlin.kong at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, all,
>
> Recently when I was talking with some customers of our OpenStack based
> public cloud, some of them are expecting to see a service similar to AWS
> Lambda in OpenStack ecosystem (so such service could be invoked by Heat,
> Mistral, Swift, etc.).
>
> Coincidently, I happened to see an introduction of OpenWhisk project by
> IBM guys in Barcelona Summit. The demo was great and I was much more
> exsited to know it was opensourced, but after checking, I feels a little
> bit frustrated, most of the core part of the code was written in Scala so
> it sets a high bar for me (yeah, I'm using Python) to learn and understand.
>
> So I came here to ask if there are people who are interested in serverless
> area as me or have the same requirements as our customers? Does it deserve
> a new project complies with OpenStack rules and conventions? Is there any
> chance that people could join together for the implementation?
>
> Cheers,
> Lingxian Kong (Larry)

Zhipeng (Howard) Huang

Standard Engineer
IT Standard & Patent/IT Prooduct Line
Huawei Technologies Co,. Ltd
Email: huangzhipeng at huawei.com
Office: Huawei Industrial Base, Longgang, Shenzhen

(Previous)
Research Assistant
Mobile Ad-Hoc Network Lab, Calit2
University of California, Irvine
Email: zhipengh at uci.edu
Office: Calit2 Building Room 2402

OpenStack, OPNFV, OpenDaylight, OpenCompute Aficionado