[openstack-dev] [nova] I'm going to expire open bug reports older than 18 months.

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Tue May 31 12:35:03 UTC 2016

On 05/30/2016 04:02 PM, Shoham Peller wrote:
> I support Clint's comment, and as an example, only today I was able to
> search a bug and to see it was reported 2 years ago and wasn't solved since.
> I've commented on the bug saying it happened to me in an up-to-date nova.
> I'm talking about a bug which is on your list -
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1298075
>
> I guess I wouldn't
>  been able to do so if the bug was closed.

A closed bug still shows up in the search, and if you try to report a
bug. So you'd still see in in reporting.

That bug is actually a classic instance of something which shouldn't be
in the bug tracker. It's a known issue of all of OpenStack and
Keystone's token architecture. It requires a bunch of Keystone feature
work to be addressed.

Having a more public "Known Issues in OpenStack" googlable page might be
way more appropriate for this so we don't spend a ton of time
duplicating issues into these buckets.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague