[openstack-dev] [tempest][qa][ironic][nova] When Nova should mark instance as successfully deleted?

Loo, Ruby ruby.loo at intel.com
Mon May 30 14:26:27 UTC 2016

Hi,

>But the issue here is just capacity. Whether or not we keep an instance
>in a deleting state, or when we release quota, doesn't change the
>Tempest failures from what I can tell. The suggestions below address
>that.

>> Disabling the cleaning step (or having a fake one that does nothing) for
>> the
>> gate would get around the failures at least. It would make things work
>> again
>> because the nodes would be available right after Nova deletes them.

I lost track of what we are trying to test ? If we want to test that an ironic node gets cleaned, then add fake cleaning. If we don¹t care that the node gets cleaned (because eg we have a different test that will test for that), then disable the cleaning. [And if we don¹t care either way, but one is harder to do than the other, go with the easier ;)]

--ruby