[openstack-dev] [glance] Focus for week R-18 May 30-June 03

Nikhil Komawar nik.komawar at gmail.com
Mon May 30 01:50:06 UTC 2016

Hi team,

The focus for week R-18 is as follows:

* Mon, part of Tues: Reviews that look good enough to be merged and
suitable for newton-1 release, any reviews that help fixing important
bugs or those that possibly need further testing later in the release.
Please keep any eye on the gate to ensure things are in place. I plan to
propose a review for newton-1 release tag (a bit early) on Tuesday May
31st. Last few days, I have pushed quite a few reviews that looked clear
enough to be merged. Now, we need to merge reviews (if there are any)
that people are motivated enough to get them ready for newton-1.

* rest of Tues, Wed: Reviews that help us get a good store and client
release. As discussed in the meeting [1], I plan to 'propose' a store
and a client release tag later in the week (possibly on late Wednesday
or on Thursday). I want Glance team to be ready from the release
perspective, the actual release will happen whenever release team gets a
chance; given R-18 is general release week, they look less likely then.

* Fri: Reviews on glance-specs, see if the author has followed up on
your comments, see which reviews look important to give a early
indication to the author that the spec is not likely to be accepted for
Newton if we do not deem it fit during our discussions at
spec-soft-freeze of June 17, R-16 [2].

Please be mindful that Monday May 30th is a federal holiday [3] in the US so you may see folks (across OpenStack) OOO. However, I will be available on Monday.

Reference for the week numbers:
http://releases.openstack.org/newton/schedule.html

(unlike some of my emails meant to be notices, this email is okay for discussion)

As always, feel free to reach out for any questions or concerns.

[1] http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/glance/2016/glance.2016-05-26-14.03.log.html#l-88
[2] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2016-May/094780.html
[3] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memorial_Day

Nikhil