[openstack-dev] [Neutron][ML2][Routed Networks]

Hong Hui Xiao xiaohhui at cn.ibm.com
Sun May 29 09:50:13 UTC 2016

Hi ML2 team.

I created this patch [1] based on the discussion in the mail list. Since
it touch the code in ml2(especially in the segment part), could you review
it and give some advice on it?

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/317358/

HongHui Xiao(肖宏辉)

From:   Carl Baldwin <carl at ecbaldwin.net>
<openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org>
Date:   05/19/2016 05:34
Subject:        Re: [openstack-dev] [Neutron][ML2][Routed Networks]

On Wed, May 18, 2016 at 5:24 AM, Hong Hui Xiao <xiaohhui at cn.ibm.com>
wrote:
> I update [1] to auto delete dhcp port if there is no other ports. But
> after the dhcp port is deleted, the dhcp service is not usable. I can

I think this is what I expect.

> resume the dhcp service by adding another subnet, but I don't think it
is
> a good way. Do we need to consider bind dhcp port to another segment
when
> deleting the existing one?

Where would you bind the port?  DHCP requires L2 connectivity to the
segment which it serves.  But, you deleted the segment.  So, it makes
sense that it wouldn't work.

Brandon is working on DHCP scheduling which should take care of this.
DHCP should be scheduled to all of the segments with DHCP enabled
subnets.  It should have a port for each of these segments.  So, if a
segment (and its ports) are deleted, I think the right thing to do is
to make sure that DHCP scheduling removes DHCP from that segment.  I
would expect this to happen automatically when the subnet is deleted.
We should check with Brandon to make sure this works (or will work
when his work merges).

Carl