[openstack-dev] [higgins][devstack][swift] Service name conflict in devstack

taget qiaoliyong at gmail.com
Fri May 27 05:45:45 UTC 2016

hi team,

I am working on adding devstack plugin for Higgins, meet some troubles.

I named the service name as higgins-api, higgins-cond. in the plugin,
but I found that devstack try to install swift service,
and I got the reason is that [1], swift plugin try to grep 's-' in the
service name, this may not so good for other new project which has 's-'
in it's service.

Can we improve swift plugin to use full service name?
Is there any doc that how to naming a new service or the service name
list of OpenStack?

@Higgins team
I workaround it by naming them as "higgi-api" and "higgi-cond" (seems no
magic in "-i")
Also, the api-port number as "9517", any comments?

[1] https://github.com/openstack-dev/devstack/blob/master/lib/swift#L163

--
Best Regards, Eli Qiao (乔立勇)