[openstack-dev] [tc] Leadership training - ideas to include those not in the room?

Amrith Kumar amrith at tesora.com
Thu May 26 20:02:35 UTC 2016

Anita, Colette, I too was wondering how effective my own participation in the training would be there was an implied expectation that I was to be taking notes for a live relay to others on the internet who were following along on an etherpad, not to mention what it would to the dynamics in the room with people relaying questions from out in the ether.

It brought up visions of the (unfortunately too often) news programs [sic] where an anchor reads tweets that are shown on an oversized screen.

And I remembered reading this paper[1] some time back where the authors conclude that as people take notes on computers, the fact that they now have the ability to take notes faster interferes with their own ability to understand and retain the information being thrown at them.

-amrith

[1] The Pen Is Mightier Than the Keyboard; Advantages of Longhand Over Laptop Note Taking. Mueller, Oppenheimer. Psychological Science, 2014, Vol 25. http://pss.sagepub.com/content/25/6/1159.full.pdf+html