[openstack-dev] [Kuryr] IPAM issue with multiple docker networks having same cidr subnets

Vikas Choudhary choudharyvikas16 at gmail.com
Thu May 26 19:48:58 UTC 2016

Hi All,

Recently, Banix observed and brought into notice this issue [1].

To solve this, i could think of two approaches:
1. Modifying the libnetwork apis to get PoolID also at network creation.
     OR
2. Enhancing the /network docker api to get PoolID details also

Problem with the first approach is that it is changing libnetwork interface
which is common for all remote drivers and thus chances of any break-ups
are high. So I preferred second one.

Here is the patch I pushed to docker [2].

Once this is merged, we can easily fix this issue by tagging poolID to
neutron networks and filtering subnets at address request time based on
this information.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

Thanks
Vikas