[openstack-dev] [fuel] discovery and deploy a compute node automatically

Igor Kalnitsky ikalnitsky at mirantis.com
Wed May 25 11:56:16 UTC 2016

> On May 25, 2016, at 13:53, jason <huzhijiang at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks, and yes you got my point, my "automatically ", means after a new node has been discovered , the deployement process starts automatically. Cron may help, but what if I need more info to check if that new discovered node deserves to be a compute node or not? Can the cron script  get more characteristics info about the node? For example , "if the new node has right amount of nic interfaces, right setting of NUMA etc., then make it a compute node with the same configuration as others with the same characteristics".

Yep. Cron is a way to run periodically some script. Alternatively, as Alex mentioned, you can write a daemon.

In order to make some checks, you can use either CLI or RESTful API. It's really easy to interact with API using Python with requests [1] library.

[1]: http://docs.python-requests.org/en/master/