[openstack-dev] [devstack] let's give a different warning message for different OS_PROJECT_NAME ?

li.yuanzhen at zte.com.cn li.yuanzhen at zte.com.cn
Wed May 25 08:05:19 UTC 2016

Hi All,
        A warning message leave me a doubt.

        After having installed openstack by devstack, when I use the cmd
"source openrc", a warning message is
        printed in the terminal that "WARNING: setting legacy
OS_TENANT_NAME to support cli tools."
        and then when I execute the cmd "source openrc admin admin", it
give the same info.

        at first, I think I make a failure in "source openrc" or
installing openstack, after read the openrc script,
        I know this message will be printed no matter what openrc's
arguments are injected.

        So I think, this message have an ambiguity for user. could we
ignore this info 'echo "WARNING: setting legacy OS_TENANT_NAME to support
cli tools." ' or make some different info
        for different arguments, such as:
                echo "WARNING: setting legacy
OS_TENANT_NAME=$OS_PROJECT_NAME to support cli tools."

        what do you think?

BR,
Rajen
ZTE Information Security Notice: The information contained in this mail (and any attachment transmitted herewith) is privileged and confidential and is intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s).  If you are not an intended recipient, any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or other dissemination or use of the information contained is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this mail in error, please delete it and notify us immediately.