[openstack-dev] [ironic][neutron] bonding?

Clint Byrum clint at fewbar.com
Wed May 25 04:52:19 UTC 2016

Excerpts from Jim Rollenhagen's message of 2016-05-24 07:51:21 -0400:
> Hi,
>
> There's rumors floating around about Neutron having a bonding model in
> the near future. Are there any solid plans for that?
>
> For context, as part of the multitenant networking work, ironic has a
> portgroup concept proposed, where operators can configure bonding for
> NICs in a baremetal machine. There are ML2 drivers that support this
> model and will configure a bond.
>
> Some folks have concerns about landing this code if Neutron is going to
> support bonding as a first-class citizen. So before we delay any
> further, I'd like to find out if there's any truth to this, and what the
> timeline for that might look like.

FYI we've been playing with bonding and Ironic using Bifrost and glean.
There are some patches up for the format we've used:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/318940/

Just a thought, it would be good if we can get that metadata to be
the same for Neutron, or at least get an early idea of the spec so we
can make sure glean supports it ASAP.