[openstack-dev] [nova] Xvisor support

Michael Still mikal at stillhq.com
Tue May 24 21:25:25 UTC 2016

On Tue, May 24, 2016 at 11:42 PM, Muneeb Ahmad <muneeb.gandapur at gmail.com>
wrote:

> If not, can I add it's support? any ideas how can I do that?
>
> On Sat, May 21, 2016 at 10:23 PM, Muneeb Ahmad <muneeb.gandapur at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hey guys,
>>
>> Does OpenStack support Xvisor?

So, given I'd never heard of xvisor I think we can say that no one has been
thinking about supporting it.

Nova has a pluggable layer for adding hypervisors, and its certainly
possible to do that thing. That said, Nova is pretty hesitant these days to
add new hypervisor drivers, as its a lot of maintenance work for the team,
especially if the original authors of a driver wander off.

A first port of call is probably to work out if you could get support added
to libvirt, and then what exposing that in the libvirt driver for Nova
would look like.

Hope this helps,
Michael

--