[openstack-dev] [ironic][neutron] bonding?

Jim Rollenhagen jim at jimrollenhagen.com
Tue May 24 11:51:21 UTC 2016

Hi,

There's rumors floating around about Neutron having a bonding model in
the near future. Are there any solid plans for that?

For context, as part of the multitenant networking work, ironic has a
portgroup concept proposed, where operators can configure bonding for
NICs in a baremetal machine. There are ML2 drivers that support this
model and will configure a bond.

Some folks have concerns about landing this code if Neutron is going to
support bonding as a first-class citizen. So before we delay any
further, I'd like to find out if there's any truth to this, and what the
timeline for that might look like.

Thanks!

// jim