[openstack-dev] [Keystone] Welcome Keystone to the World of Python 3

Morgan Fainberg morgan.fainberg at gmail.com
Mon May 23 18:55:48 UTC 2016

On Mon, May 23, 2016 at 7:54 AM, Doug Hellmann <doug at doughellmann.com>
wrote:

> Excerpts from Morgan Fainberg's message of 2016-05-20 20:58:00 -0700:
> > We've gone through all of our test cases and all of our code base. At
> this
> > point Keystone is no longer skipping any of the tests (which do tend to
> > test the entire request stack) and we are properly gating on being
> > Python3.4 compatible.
> >
> > I want to thank everyone who has put in effort in the last few weeks to
> > punt the last of the patches though the gate. It would not have been
> doable
> > without those hacking on LdapPool, doing test cleanup, and those
> > reviewing/trying the code out.
> >
> > If you run across issues with Keystone and Python3, please let us know.
> >
> > A sincere thanks to the entire Keystone team involved in this multicycle
> > effort.
> >
> > --Morgan
>
> Is this for unit or functional tests?

Our unit tests and functional tests cross over significantly. The majority
of keystone's unit tests are really "stand up a full keystone and test the
API as though you were a client".

This is not DSVM and true "functional" tests (most of the restful test
cases will move over to "functional" once it's working) are not fully setup
yet.

In short "unit tests", except our unit tests are mostly "functional" in
nature.

--Morgan